Friday, January 20, 2012

2 identical Android Phones receiving upgrades differently?

Hello,



Both me and my work colleague have new (some months old) Google Nexus S's. They were both bought unlocked (full price, no contract) and sealed. We both have Android 2.3.4 (manually installed). When the last GMaps update was released I received it in a matter of days, but he never got it... now, he got the new Market update a week ago and there's no sign of it on my phone. I can't understand why this is happening. Are there other possible differences I don't know about? (We both live in Bucharest, Romania... hell, during the day we're even at the same coordinates :P )



PS: neither phone is rooted. What am I missing? :)



Thanks2 identical Android Phones receiving upgrades differently?
Few things could be happening



the checking for market updates could be scheduled different.

Updates are usually rolled out using the phones IMEI numbers

No comments:

Post a Comment