Friday, January 20, 2012

How can I find a map of stores in my area?

I've been living in Japan for 2 weeks now and I'm having a lot of trouble trying to shop for things. I live in Toyotashi, Aichi. I never realized how much I relied on Google Maps to find places. GMaps is incomplete at best for Japan and I don't know where anything is! Also, i don't speak the language. Please help!How can I find a map of stores in my area?
Google Maps (Japan) and street views (real life camera images) have always worked fine for me. I often "stroll" around streets from my computer at home. Walking down memory lane, seeing restaurant signs and remembering I had a date there etc.



There is no reason it shouldn't work. Unless, like bluemoon says, you are spelling the city incorrectly (adding -shi) when it may not be required. Sure, you are technically correct, but does your computer and the computer programmers know that??



Try the local city council offices, they may well have info and maps in English of their area for the benefit of non-Japanese speaking residents.How can I find a map of stores in my area?
Place "Toyota, Aichi, Japan" (not Toyotashi)



and hit again. You'll get the map of the city. then, search with any wording later.





All infors are not in English because Japan is not

English but Japanese country.

No comments:

Post a Comment